POSTING CLOSE DATE: January 6th, 2017 at 4pm
SALARY: $46.847.55 a year (based on working a 53 hour week at an hourly salary of $16.09)
Travis County ESD No. 2/Pflugerville Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT. Please review the job summary, qualifications, and instructions before applying for this position. Only applicants meeting the required qualifications listed below need apply. If interested, please submit all required documents by deadline in person or by mail. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered for this recruitment effort.
The population of the area served by the District is almost 100,000 citizens. The District serves about 100 square miles from four (4) fire stations and currently has ninety-one (91) firefighters.
Current District Benefits: Subject to change without notice
- Year Two Firefighter salary in FY2018 is $48,163.77, Year Three Firefighter salary in FY2019 is $49,006.64.
- Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
- Medical health plan, providing coverage for the employee, 100% paid; dependent dental premiums, 50% paid
- Medical flexible savings account; dependent care flexible savings account; health savings plan
- Dental plan providing coverage for the employee, 100% paid; dependent dental premium, 50% paid
- Long term disability and basic life premium, 100% paid
- Volunteer Vision Plan
- Voluntary supplemental dependent life
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday pay
-18 years of age
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Valid (not expired) Texas driver’s license
- High school Diploma or GED certificate
- Valid basic firefighter certification from Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Valid EMT-B, or higher, certification from either the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry
- Valid Licensed or EMT-P certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Meet physical requirements as detailed in NFPA
- Participate in department sponsored physical training to maintain adequate physical condition to perform job
- Review the posting for the position of firefighter by going online to the Travis County ESD No. 2 website at: http://www.pflugervillefire.org, and go to Careers.
- Check the Firefighter posting for instructions and application deadline.
- If you meet the qualifications, submit the following by the application deadline in person or by mail:
- completed and signed District application
- required certifications
- TCFP Basic Structural Fire Fighting Certificate
- EMT-B, or higher, certification from either the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry
TO BE TURNED IN PRIOR TO JOB OFFER, these background documents:
- original fingerprint card obtained no earlier than December 2016
- driving record check and criminal history check obtained no earlier than December 2016
- valid Texas driver’s license
- Pass written exam. Written Exam will be administered on January 14th at 0800 at the Conference and Education Center located at 203 E. Pecan, Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Pass Candidate Physical Ability Test (C-PAT)
- Pass oral board interview
- Provide and maintain contact information such as telephone, mailing address, and e- mail throughout the recruitment
After contingent job offer:
- pass pre-employment checks:
- background check
-NFPA 1582 physical exam
- drug test
- reference check
Note: If need additional information please contact BC Nick Perkins at 512-251-2801.